About Me

I will be running the charity relay in the LA Marathon on March 17, 2013. The charity I am running for is the non-profit, volunteer-run animal rescue, Kitten Rescue!!! Please donate today to help save the lives of homeless and abandoned animals!!!

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Decked out

Yesterday morning I completed my first 3 mile run of the training schedule.  Afterwards, looking at the two little symmetrical blisters on my feet, I decided that I needed new running swag.  According to Yelp, the best store on this side of town (the westside) was The Starting Line in Marina del Rey.  After school, I raced over to the store to get myself the number 1 important equipment for running: shoes, and the number 2: socks.

Yelp did not disappoint.  A guy at the store (Brian?) watched me run on the treadmill in my old Brooks Adrenaline GTS 6 shoes and brought out like 5 or 6 pairs of other running shoes that would improve my running experience.  Turns out I needed more support than my old Brooks were providing me.  In the end after trying on all the shoes, running on the treadmill, then running down the street, I settled on a new pair of ASICS gel foundation 9 running shoes.  They're squishy and soft (probably good the pavement) and I run more stably in them.  Brian also helped me pick out a couple pairs of running socks.
While I was waiting to check out, another guy (who didn't work at the store) named Doug started chatting with me asking me what I was running if I was running with anyone.  He was trying to recruit me for his charity, but alas, I only run for cute furry things.    He has run over 20 something marathons for various charity events.  Doug was super nice and offered advice on marathoning.  He even bought me two pairs of running socks in support of my first marathon!!!  He's running for the Hirshberg Foundation for Pancreatic Cancer.  I'm going to go over there and donate a few bucks for his generosity towards me!

No comments:

Post a Comment