About Me

I will be running the charity relay in the LA Marathon on March 17, 2013. The charity I am running for is the non-profit, volunteer-run animal rescue, Kitten Rescue!!! Please donate today to help save the lives of homeless and abandoned animals!!!

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Week 3 progress report

I am done with my midweek runs (Tue. 2 mi, Wed. 3 mi, Thurs. 1.5 mi). Now is just resting and massaging my legs before Saturday's 4 mile run. Today I also made my best pace at a 9 min and 48 sec mile. This may or may not have something to do with the adrenaline rush I got by mistaking some piping on the side of the road for a snake. Normally I don't get freaked out by snakes, but when it's in my peripheral vision and less than a foot next to my foot, I get 'a little' startled....

I'm beginning to think I have runner's pain empathy. On Tuesday, one of my lab mates complained about hip pain while running and when I went running on Wednesday morning, there was a little pain in my hip. This is after a few weeks ago when another lab mate told me about her knee pain woes and I started feeling soreness in my knees shortly after that.... I think I am going to make a new rule where people are not allowed to tell me about their running injuries/pains.

To cope with after run knee pains I've been wearing these knee straps while running. So far they work great and my knees feel like new after running! I probably don't have to wear them after a while since my legs will probably build up muscle to support everything properly, but I think I'll just keep wearing them for extra support despite that. Better safe than crippled later, right?





- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

  1. Joyce!! Hi. I so admire your dedication for the cats with this crazy project. I'm dreaming of running a marathon, but lack the willpower to ever succeed with such a thing. Wishing you all the best, dorte. Beejarney is saying hello too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this explains why you haven't come by my desk today... good to know I can cause you pain whenever I want, just by complaining!
    <>

    ReplyDelete