About Me

I will be running the charity relay in the LA Marathon on March 17, 2013. The charity I am running for is the non-profit, volunteer-run animal rescue, Kitten Rescue!!! Please donate today to help save the lives of homeless and abandoned animals!!!

Monday, September 19, 2011

Hot sauce is great on burritos but not during 'runs'

Last Saturday was my long run with my friend, Sudeep.  We went 4 miles and had a pace of 9 min and 48 sec/mile.  I really should learn that spicy food is not a good choice for a meal the night before going running.  I felt like I was going to give birth every mile, but I kept running and even ran faster to get home ASAP.  Maybe I should pack hot sauce packets instead of Gu energy gel packets in my runner's pack for the marathon.  I think my time would be pretty fast rushing from port-o-potty to port-o-potty.

This week my mileage is going down: Tues-2mi, Wed-3mi, Thurs-2mi, and Sat-3mi.  This is what the training schedule tells me.  So super easy, right?!

No comments:

Post a Comment