About Me

I will be running the charity relay in the LA Marathon on March 17, 2013. The charity I am running for is the non-profit, volunteer-run animal rescue, Kitten Rescue!!! Please donate today to help save the lives of homeless and abandoned animals!!!

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Resuming training and water bottle contest!

This morning I attempted to resume my marathon training schedule.  Luckily the increases in mileage is very gradual so I can just basically jump back in after missing a week.  I ran what I felt was ridiculously slow and on flat surfaces to not irritate my lower back, but alas, my lower back started hurting about halfway in my 2 mile run.  I finished with minimal pain and a 10 min 41 sec/mile pace.  I stretched especially well after the run and iced my back down, took a hot shower, and iced it down again afterwards.  The pain is mostly gone now a few hours after my run, but I'm a little worried it won't go away. 

October officially kicked off fundraising for our team.  The contest prize today is the first five people to donate EXACTLY $19 will win an official Kitten Rescue Team water bottle!!!!  See below for example of water bottle*:
*foster cat not included!

Here's the link to my fundraising page in case you can't find the link elsewhere:
http://www.crowdrise.com/TeamKittenRescueLAMarathon2012/fundraiser/JoyceKao

No comments:

Post a Comment