About Me

I will be running the charity relay in the LA Marathon on March 17, 2013. The charity I am running for is the non-profit, volunteer-run animal rescue, Kitten Rescue!!! Please donate today to help save the lives of homeless and abandoned animals!!!

Thursday, October 13, 2011

The heat is ON!

Literally in Los Angeles: The heat is on....  It's been heating up into the 90's these past couple of days here.  This means I've been running in heat similar to the Texas summers.  I've also been going out later these days which means I don't get out on the pavement until 8 or 9AM.  By then, the temperature out side is already well in the 80's (86F yesterday morning to be exact).  I forget how terrible it is to run in the heat.  The last time I ran in such uncomfortable heat was over 6 years ago when I was still living in Austin, Texas.  I nearly died during the 3 miles I ran yesterday.  Normally I try to push myself a little bit and run an extra half mile or so, but when my Nike+ program said I hit 3 miles, my body just stopped.

Today was no picnic in the park either.  It was hot and as soon as I stopped running, my calves cramped up causing me to feel a whole new degree of pain that left me sitting in the middle of my living room with tears streaming down my face while pressing ice packs to my pissed off calves.  It's a good thing I'm temporarily holding onto a couple of adorable kittens for a community foster friend of mine.  They're like two little reminders of why I'm putting myself through this kind of physical torture.  Two little reminders that rip through my apartment knocking all the things off the shelves.  At least my cat, Mao, is teaching them how to chill out occasionally:

They're really good and amazingly cute kitties overall and they're ready for adoption.  Tell all your cool friends looking for cats!!!


On a high note, I'm being featured on Team Kitten Rescue's blog today!  You can go take a look at the feature here.  My interview video is here:

No comments:

Post a Comment