About Me

I will be running the charity relay in the LA Marathon on March 17, 2013. The charity I am running for is the non-profit, volunteer-run animal rescue, Kitten Rescue!!! Please donate today to help save the lives of homeless and abandoned animals!!!

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Bake Sold!!! A GINORMOUS THANK YOU TO ALL!!!

My bake sale this past Tuesday was a total success although I might have overcompensated when planning out how many baked goods to make. I was completely amazed about the number of friends who stepped up and helped out for the bake sale from baking to setting up/breaking down !!!  A HUGE THANKS goes out to my friends, Jenny, Iris, and Sudeep, who slaved away with my fiancĂ©, Kjong, and me on Sunday baking for the whole day (and night).   Special props to Kjong and his awesomeness at baking bread, which nearly sold out of the 20 loaves we made. Two more of my friends in my department also donated some cream cheese cupcakes and Chinese cheesecake to the bake sale. Both of which were delicious and sold out fast! Also thanks to my fellow USC KR volunteer, Barbara, for advertising the bake sale in the Linguistics department. Everyone was super, super, super awesome!!!

In total from the bake sale and the bake sale leftover flash sale, I have raised a total of $419 for Kitten Rescue.  This puts me about $200 away from my fundraising goal of $1000. :) I am so happy that so many people support animal rescue (and/or me...or just love baked goods ) in the Molecular and Computational Biology department as well as the Linguistics department at USC.

No comments:

Post a Comment