About Me

I will be running the charity relay in the LA Marathon on March 17, 2013. The charity I am running for is the non-profit, volunteer-run animal rescue, Kitten Rescue!!! Please donate today to help save the lives of homeless and abandoned animals!!!

Monday, February 20, 2012

Here's your monthly update....

I've been less than great at keeping this thing updated. Given that there are four weeks left till the marathon (eep!), I'll try to update this at least once a week. I've yet to hit my target long runs on the weekend.  I'm always a few miles off. What I've learned is that I can't stop running after the 10 miles. When I stop, all the pain and swelling become apparent and I can't seem to get started again.  I guess the solution to this is to just NOT STOP RUNNING.

The body lube anti-chafe stick also stops working after 12 miles.  This past weekend I ran somewhere between 15 and 16 miles and ended up with a giant bloody chafe across my abdomen. Woo...why is running so complicated?!

Yesterday at the Team Kitten Rescue meet up in Encino, I bought a new running bra:
This is Moving Comfort's Luna bra. It's a really serious bra....super padded, keeps everything strapped down, and has a moisture wicking/non-slip band, which hopefully will help with my bra-cutting-me-in-half problem.
In addition to the new bra, I also purchased a new kind of body lube, Trislide. Supposedly, it's made for triathletes so it's super water/sweatproof (which makes me wonder how I'm going to get it off afterwards). Let's hope new bra + body lube keeps me in one piece and not cut in half like a magician's assistant post-marathon.

No comments:

Post a Comment